Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mr. Darcy's Great Escape by Marsha Altman


W.O.W.!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Darcy's Great Escape was uh-may-zing.
The storyline was unique. I don't think Austen's characters would have followed this route, but Altman's characters just took a life of their own!

I was totally blind-sided when Darcy and Dr. Maddox realized what their trip to Romania actually was. I felt badly for both of them, as well as their wives!

It was hard seeing my beloved Mr. Darcy go through so much in both The Plight of the Darcy Brothers and Mr. Darcy's Great Escape, but I think with all of the suspense of wondering if the characters I've grown to love would survive this novel kept me turning the pages long after my bed-time.

I was sad when the book ended. I wanted the story to keep going, but I just don't think Mr. Darcy could make it through another story. A part of me was hoping for a 4th in this series, but Altman gave such a good ending for every character that I can't imagine anything else happening that would make a good story.
One thing about this series I didn't like was that the Bingley's weren't really a part of the story that much. Bingley and Jane were just kind of background characters left behind the real stories. I would have liked to see them play a more significant role in the stories.

Read this series. Even if you're not a huge Austen nerd like myself, this is an entertaining and great series.

click here to purchase the first novel of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment